PKD Charity wins National Lottery funding to support families affected by PKD
We have succeeded in securing funding from the National Lottery Community Fund for our PKD Positive Peers Programme - a 5-year programme of vital support activities to help patients and families to deal with the traumatic and often devastating effects of polycystic kidney disease (PKD).
The award of £280,845 will enable us to build and expand our existing support services in England:
- Information & Support Days for adults and families with ADPKD and ARPKD
- Volunteer-led meet-ups
- Peer-support from trained volunteers with lived experience of PKD
- Facilitated group phone calls
- Webinars (live and on-demand)
- Moderated online communities
- Reliable health information, written by medical experts
We estimate that up to 70,000 adults and children, plus their families, are affected by PKD in the UK. Our PKD Positive Peers Programme enables anyone who contacts the PKD Charity to receive the information, practical advice and emotional support they need, at the time they need it.