Here’s how you can set up your online donation page, with some top tips on how to spread the word about your fundraiser; and inspire your friends, family and community to support you by sharing your event details, fundraising goals and personal story.
Fundraising pages are an easy way to raise vital funds and awareness of PKD. You can set up your own fundraising page with one of the following platforms. Some charge a small fee and others don't:
When you have set up your page:
- Personalise your page by explaining what you’re doing to raise money in aid of PKD Charity, and if you choose to, why.
- Add any photos/videos to promote your fundraising.
- Share your page link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages along with any other social media profiles. Email or text the link to all your contacts too!
- If you haven’t already done so, register your fundraising with us
You can also download sponsorship forms here to help boost your fundraising offline.
Top tips for boosting your fundraising page donations
- Promote your self(ie) – Fundraisers with pictures or videos on their page raise 14% more per photo.
- Tell your story – Why are you fundraising for PKD Charity? Tell your story about why you’re fundraising.
- Shoot for a target – Pages with a target raise a up to a whopping 46% than those without.
- Share your page – Sharing your page on social media and on your message profile raises more. Don’t be afraid to share, people want to hear about the amazing things you are doing!
- It’s not over ‘til it’s over – Up to 20% of donations come in after an event has ended – so make sure you follow up with an update about how you did.