Trustee with Communications Experience
Are you interested in joining the PKD Charity Trustee board to help us with communications?
The PKD Charity is in need of a trustee with specific experience in communications. This is a new role and a unique chance to support the development and implementation of the charity's marketing and fundraising communications, aimed at patients, families and healthcare professionals.
JOB DESCRIPTION - TRUSTEE WITH COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE
Overall purpose of role
- Contribute to the charity's marketing strategy.
- Contribute to the charity's communications strategy and plan.
- Support the CEO in the review and updating of the charity's communications materials.
- Leading the development of a communications strategy and plan.
- Working with the CEO, fundraising and support services staff to review existing communications materials.
- Working with the CEO to update and develop materials.
- Ensuring the plan is implemented.
- Being an active champion of the organisation.
Essential experience and skills
- Communications experience, preferably in a related area such as healthcare or charities.
- Experience of writing communications materials - such as press releases, leaflets, newsletters, websites and social media.
- Working knowledge and experience of MS office software, in particular word and powerpoint.
- Experience or knowledge of Joomla and MailChimp programs.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Willingness to be available to staff and trustees for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis via email and telephone.
The time commitment from the Treasurer is at the individual’s discretion, bearing in mind the following:
- 2 to 3 face to face trustee meetings a year.
- 7 to 8 monthly phone conference meetings.
- Occasional meetings with CEO.
All PKD Charity trustees are encouraged and supported to take advantage of relevant training and development opportunities.
This role is voluntary and unpaid, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Charity’s policies.